Applications for the Finance and Business Analyst stream open on 13 March 2017 and close in early April. Shortlisting, group assessment and interviews occur in April and May.
Applications for the General Corporate, Workforce Data Analysis and Health Information Network (ICT) streams open late July 2017 and close mid-August. Shortlisting, group assessment and interviews occur in September and October.
All Graduates commence in late January 2018.
Office location of positions
Metropolitan based program with the possibility of a four month placement in a regional area, subject to project availability.
15 - 18 Graduate places
12 months full time
Fixed term 12 month contract. Following the program, Graduates are supported in obtaining fixed term/permanent contracts, subject to availability.
We are looking for innovative thinkers and self-motivated high acheivers. Our graduates are clear communicators, able to work in a team, show aptitude, dedication and a commitment to learn and develop their skills. They are prepared to step up and be WA Health's leaders of the future.
To apply for the WA Health Graduate Development Program you need to:
- have completed your degree in 2016 or plan to complete it in 2017
- have a degree issued from a recognised university
- visit www.jobs.wa.gov.au, select "Health, Department of" in the Agency field and keyword search for "Graduate Officer." Download the application package, complete and submit as an attachment with your academic record.
The program offers structured professional development, including mentorship and coaching.
There are four program streams to choose from:
- General Corporate: This stream offers three x four month placements in areas such as health system reform, strategic planning, policy development, project management, program development, public health and health promotion.
- Finance and Business: This stream offers three x four month placements in finance and business areas, as well as the additional opportunity to complete a number of funded units towards a professional accounting qualification (e.g. CPA).
- Health Information Network (Information Technology): Graduates in this stream rotate through three x four month placements providing research, support and advice for information technology projects across the Department.
- Workforce Data Analysis: Graduates in this stream will work with the WA Health Workforce Directorate, supporting workforce planning through the extraction, manipulation and analysis of workforce data.
Link to grad info