Applications are now open for the School Corporate Services Graduate Appointment Pool 2018. Applications close at 4:30pm on Monday 24 July 2017.
Office location of positions
Perth metropolitan and regional areas. In your application you will need to nominate the regions and towns for which you would like to be considered for placement.
The Graduate program operates during the 11 months of the school year, from mid January 2018 to mid December 2018.
The Gradute Support Officer role assists the school's Business Manager/Corporate Services Manager/Registrar to undertake a broad range of business activities across a number of corporate service areas including HR, finance, ITC and buildings and asset manager.
To be eligible for the program, you must have:
- completed an undergraduate or post graduate degree within the last five years (or due to complete by December 2017) in academic areas including business, commerce, accounting, finance, human resource management, project management, procurement (and similar), public relations, communications, public policy, industrial relations, employment law, or other equivalent disciplines or combined degrees
- a good level of academic achievement, with a course average of 65% or above
- Australian citizenship or permanent resident status
- a current Department of Education Criminal Clearance (if offered a position)
- a current Working with Children Check (if offered a position).
Depending on business requirements, you may be placed at one school for the full 11 months, or two different schools for five and half month placements each.
As part of the graduate program, you will be provided professional learning opportunities including:
- the Public Sector Commission's Graduate Development Program
- work shadowing (one day per school term with a central office expert in various business areas)
- other training as required under the Department's policies.