Jump to navigation
Frequently asked questions
- Are all jobs advertised in the newspaper?
No. If an agency is required to advertise a position, that advertisement must be published on this website. An agency can choose to also advertise the vacancy elsewhere, such as on other online job boards, newspapers or other publications, but they are not required to do so.
- Does this site display jobs for the Federal Government, other State Governments or Local Government?
No. This site only displays jobs for the Western Australian State Government. Please visit the respective website for the Government body that you are interested in.
- How can I receive regular notification of jobs that may be of interest to me?
See the tips for using search.
- What is a position number?
The job or vacancy position number is an internal reference number for the public sector organisation advertising the vacancy. Each position generally has a unique number. The position number is shown on the vacancy advertisement.
- Who do I contact if I need more information about a job?
Contact the job contact officer named in the relevant advertisement. The RAMS helpdesk is unable to assist with queries regarding advertised vacancies.
- How do I change my profile information?
You may change your personal details by logging in and navigating to the 'My Details' page in the left-hand menu.
- What should I do if I forget my password?
From the login page, click 'Forgotten your password?' and enter your email address. You will receive an email with a new password to login. When you are logged in, navigate to the 'My Details' page in the left-hand menu and select 'Change My Password'. Your new password must be at least eight characters long and contain at least one number. Remember your email address and password are case sensitive; you must enter them exactly the same each time you login.
- What should I do if I get a 'Page Not Found' error?
This is an unusual problem and should not happen regularly. It could be that you are using a non-compatible browser; see more information on compatible browsers. Alternatively, there may be a lag between your computer and the system; try again later or try accessing the system from a different computer or device.
- What should I do if I get a 'Warning Page has Expired' error?
This usually appears because you have used the 'Back' button on your web browser. Instead, use the back button at the top and bottom of the job advertisement page to return to your search results.
- Who can I contact if I'm still having technical issues with this website?
Please email details of your issue and your contact information to the RAMS helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org. The RAMS helpdesk is unable to assist with queries regarding advertised vacancies.